Thursday, September 8, 2011

Books to help your child with science!

As we find more evidence for evolution in the human 'family tree', I've still been considering how to introduce the topic to my son. I decided books would be a good starting point.

I expected it to be difficult to find good science books for children. It wasn't too tough, although I did need to go through a lot of reviews. Here are the books I bought for my five-year-old:
A couple of the books I wanted to buy were written for children several years older than my son, but I feel they deserve a mention. One such is Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be by Canadian author Daniel Loxton, for ages eight and up. The controversy around the book has piqued my interest, although I think any children's evolution book receives a similar reaction, unfortunately.

And of course, as I mentioned in an earlier blog, Richard Dawkins' book The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True will be released in the US on October 4th.

Do you have any recommendations on science-related reading material for children? Please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment